Hotel Sapibenega San Blas
Situated on one of the many stunning San Blas islands, Sapibenega Eco-Hotel consists of six beautiful and spacious cabana style rooms which are a notch above most of the accommodation in the San Blas archipelago. The hotel is a short boat ride from Playon Chico airport which offers daily flights to and from Panama City.
The architectural design of Sapibenega was taken from the philosophy the Kuna Yala culture (native traditions of San Blas), which emphasize traditional construction techniques, which preserve the essence of the Kuna Yala people while protecting the natural beauty of the San Blas archipelago.
Sapibenega Eco-hotel features 18 cabins. Accommodation options include single, double, triple rooms.
The spacious cabanas are built on stilts over the sea, and come complete with sitting area, ceiling fans, tiled bathrooms, compost toilets,and running water. The comfortable balcony comes with a hammock where you can lay back and enjoy serene views of the Panamanian rain forest, stunning San Blas sunsets, and surrounding uninhabited islands, all of which make this one of the most picturesque regions in Panama.
All cabins are equipped with:
Hardwood parquet flooring
Tiled bathrooms with composting toilets
24 hr solar electricity
Balcony with hammocks
Queen / double beds.
- Two daily tours to various beaches and cultural sites. Sapibenega also features an optional spa for those who need a little extra help to unwind.
- Air fare
- Extra beverages nor alcoholic drinks
- Optional tours
- Kuna Spa
How To Get There
Flights to Playon Chico airstrip, where you must land, depart from Albrook Domestic Airport in Panama City at 6 a.m. for a 40 minutes direct flight daily. Therefore, is recommend to be at the Albrook airport one hour earlier.
Once you arrive in Playon Chico airstrip, a guide from Sapibenega’s lodge will pick you up and transport you by motor canoe, about 8 minutes to Sapibenega.
Note: The Only Airline that comes to our Island is Air Panama.
You need your passport to enter the San Blas region!!
- You should be at the Marcos Gelabert airport in Albrook at 5:00 in the morning; late arrivals will lose their air reservation. Sapibenega will not make refunds if you miss your plane.
- At the check-in counter you will be asked to present your passport or your government ID.
If you want to make and optional tour, please notify it to us previously.
- Due to the little load capacity of the planes, adults luggage may not exceed the limit of 20 pounds per person, and children 10, including handbags and the overweight will be charged by the airline to the passenger.
- Please note that all extra charges must be paid in cash at Sapibenega, no credit cards or travelers checks are accepted when you’re in the lodge. Or you can ask for an account and make a day before leaving our facilities authorized to charge your card for the amount spent on liquor and drinks extra.
Please read our San Blas island FACT SHEET before booking.
San Blas Panama Hotel Sapibenega Package
Panama Travel Unlimited has put together package deals for Sapibenega in the San Blas islands, Panama that cannot be beaten.
Note: Prices are per room or cabin