Perfect turquoise warm water, great beaches and a bit of forestry to explore, Chichime is considered one of the best islands in San Blas. It takes around 15 minutes to walk around, making it one of the larger islands you can visit. Plenty of coconut trees for shade or a fresh drink of coco water. There is a bar and restaurant on the island and it can be busy during the day with passengers from sailboats but there is plenty of space to play football, volleyball or just relax and have a cold beer while looking out at the boats.
Transport arranged from your hostel/hotel in Panama City
Pick-up between 5:00 and 6:00am
Drop-off between 11.30am and 12:30pm
*Late return available (approximately 7:00pm) for $25 pp including lunch
- All boat and land transport- pick up and drop to your accommodation in Panama City.
- Accommodation- shared or private cabanas.
- Meals and drinking water.
- Volleyball and other games are available.
- Day tour to other beautiful islands.
- Freshwater showers.
- Local Guna guide.
- Snacks and alcohol/soda drinks. Guests are welcome to bring their own along or purchase them in the islands (1-2 USD for a can of beer or soda
- Guna entrance fee and all island taxes ($23 per person for foriegners, $8 per person for residents)
- Snorkeling equipment is not provided but is available to rent on the island for $3 per set or you are welcome to bring your own gear.
Island & accommodation
Chichime offers a mix of camping, private and dorm style cabanas with sand and wooden floors. The bathrooms are seperate from the accommodation and are shared. There are two private cabanas with wooden floors with a private bathroom (subject to availability).
- Meals are prepare by the local staff and served in the restaurant/dining area. Breakfast is generally buffet-style, lunch and dinner may offer chicken, fish, seafood depending what is available at the time. Special diets can be catered to but we recommend you bring extra snacks along too. Drinking water is included with meals.
|1 night||2 nights||3 nights||Extra night|
|Shared Cabana (sand floor, shared bathroom)||$160 pp||$220 pp||$280 pp||$60 pp|
|Private Cabana (sand floor, external bathroom)*||$180 pp||$260 pp||$340 pp||$80 pp|
|Private Cabana (wooden floor, internal bathroom)*||$200 pp||$300 pp||$400 pp||$100 pp|
* Minimum of 2 guests in Private cabanas
Shared Cabana- there is one dormitory-style cabana on the island whih sleeps around 10 people. It has a sand floor and external bathroom.
Private Cabanas- there are 2 private cabanas with a sand-floor and private, external bathroom. The island provides a key for the bathroom so that it’s only accessible to guests staying in the cabana. They can sleep 2 or 3 guests.
There are 2 private cabanas with a wooden-floor and private, internal bathroom. They also feature a small balconly and can sleep 2 or 3 guests.
All cabins have electricity in the evening and charging outlets.
The external bathrooms are seperate from the cabanas and are basic.
- Departure from the islands is around 8:00 am on the final day. You can stay late until 3:00pm for an extra $25 pp including lunch.
- Late return from islands on the final day $25 pp including lunch (drop off to Panama City is approximately 7:00 pm).
- Prices do not include the Guna Yala entrance tax and port fees. $23 pp for foreigners, $8 pp for Panamanian residents.
- Late departure from islands is 3:00 pm and costs an additional $25 pp with lunch included. Guests will arrive back to Panama City around 7:00 pm. Guests will need to check out of accommodation at the standard 8:00 am and can leave belongings in a safe place on the island until departure in the afternoon.