San Blas Island Hopping
San Blas Island Hopping
Isla Iguana & Wailidup plus Island hopping to 2 or more
2 NIGHTS/ 3 DAYS
Enjoy more islands and get the most of San Blas with this tour. First night is spent on Isla Iguana, one of the smaller and less crowded islands that offers traditional thatched cabanas with sand floors and the second night in a private hut built on stilts over the water on Isla Wailidup. Our bilingual guide will take you to visit other beautiful islands to snorkel and soak up more island time!
Transport arranged from your hostel/hotel in Panama City
Pick-up between 5:00 and 6:00am
Drop-off approximately 12:00pm final day
*Late return available (approximately 7:00pm) for $30 pp extra including lunch
- All boat and land transport- pick up and drop to your accommodation in Panama City
- Accommodation- private cabanas with shared bathrooms
- Meals- prepared and served on the island
- Snorkeling equipment, volleyball and other games available
- Day tours – you will visit two or more islands that may include Isa Perro. Isla Pelicano (La Casa de Papal), La Piscina, Wiley, Perro Grande. Island taxes are included!
- Fresh water showers
- Kuna/Spanish/English local guide
- Drinking water, snacks and alcohol/soda drinks. Guests are welcome to bring their own along or purchase them in the islands (1-2 USD for a can of beer or soda)
- Kuna entrance tax ($23 pp for foreigners, $8 for Panamanian residents)
Island & Accommodation
- Isla Iguana is a beautiful and less crowded island with white sand beach surrounding the entire island. It is considered one of the more authentic islands to stay- infrastructure is tranditional and simple. There are around 8 thatch-roofed cabanas (shared and private with sand floor), a small restaurant/dining area and the shared bathrooms are seperae from the accommodation and very basic.
- Wailidup is a more popular and larger island. The accommodation we offer is situated on the quieter and more exclusive side of the island. There are 6 private wooden cabanas built out over the water, that accommodate 2-4 guests and each with a private terrace looking out to the water. Bathrooms are seperate from the cabanas and basic but well equipped. There is a restaurant/bar on site built. Guests can walk (5 minutes) to the other side for the beach and a second restaurant.
- Meals provided are prepared on the islands and tend to be basic. All the facilities are owned and operated by local Guna people and the quality can vary as well as the menu depending on what is available to them. They do their best to accommodate guests with dietary restrictions but we do recommend to take extra snacks along with you.
- Isla Wailidup tends to get more sandflies at certain months of the year when the wind is less prevalent. It tends to be worse on the other side of the island but if we recommend to take bug repellent along and if this is a concern for you, we recommend to stay during December to May when there is more wind and very few sandflies.
|Adult prices (10 yrs+)||3 days/2 night|
Day 1- Isla Iguana- Shared cabana*
Day 2- Wailidup- Private cabana*
Day 1- Isla Iguana-Private cabana*
Day 2- Wailidup- Private cabana *
* Minimum of 2 guests in Private cabanas
General tour itinerary
- Day 1- Pick up between 5:00 and 6:00 am from your accommodation in Panama City. Drive to port Carti on the coast takes 2-3 hours. Once you enter Guna Yala territory you will pass a check point and be asked to show your passport (copy is not sufficient). Driver will likely stop at the superarket along the way where you can pick up drinks and snacks.
- Arrive to port Carti between 8:30 and 9:00 am, meet your boat driver/guide and head out to the islands. It takes around 30 minutes by boat to Isla Iguana, your home for the first part of the tour.
- Our guide will take you on a day tour to visit two or more different islands. After the tour you will return to Isla Iguana to spend the rest of your day.
- Day 2- After breakfast next morning our guide will pick you up along with your belongings and it´s a short boat ride to Wailidup, your second home for the tour.
- Check in to your cabanas and guests can either relax at Wailidup for the day or take another day trip to 2 or more islands with our guide ($25 pp including lunch). Second night is spent at Wailidup.
- Day 3- Picked up around 8:00am and return to port. Guests will be dropped to their accommodation in Panama City around 12pm.
Please be aware that all times given are approximate and the itinerary may vary slightly from the one given.
Breakfast on first day is not included, we advise you to have a light breakfast before leaving and take a snack along with you.
- Additional day trip $25 pp- islands you visit may include Isla Perro, Isla Pelicano (Casa de la Papel), La Piscina, Wiley, Perro Grande
- Late return from islands on final day $25 pp including lunch (drop off to Panama City is approximately 7pm)