Panama Canal Fishing
Rise early and head out onto the lake for some fishing. This does require an early reveille as the fish wake hungry. The most common fish you find on the lake are Peacock bass and Oscars and with the right tackle, bait and technique Snook and Tarpon can be landed.
Tour takes place on Lake Gatun, which is part of the Panama Canal and includes freshly cooked lunch at a floating lodge and a visit to Monkey Island.
Transport arranged from your hostel/hotel in Panama City
Pick-up approximately 6:00am, hour of pick up will be confirmed one day before the tour
Drop-off between 1:30- 2:30pm
- Return transport from your hostel/hotel in Panama City
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- 3-4 hours of fishing
- Lunch and refreshments
- Visit to Monkey Island
Take along a bathing suit, sunblock, water shoes, camera and extra cash in case you would like to buy a beverage at the bar.
|Adult||*Children (6-12 years)|
|1-4 ppl||$165 pp||$105 pp|
|4-5 ppl||$150 pp||$90 pp|
|6+ ppl||$125 pp||$75 pp|
Prices include transport(pick-up & drop-off) at your hostel/hotel in Panama City
*Because of the nature of the tour, there is minimum age of 3 years
There is no charge for children 3-5 years
Special group rates are available
General trip itinerary
- Pick up in Panama City (time of pick up confirmed by operator one day before the tour). Transported to Gamboa public boat ramp.
- Boat departure 7:00am. You will board a fast motor launch and transported to a floating lodge on the lake.
- From here you will board the fishing launch and head out for 3-4 hours of fishing
- Come noon you will return to the floating lodge to enjoy a lunch of your freshly caught fish. There is a cash bar and gift shop if you would like to purchase drinks or unique souvenirs.
- Return to Gamboa public ramp via motor launch, stop at Monkey Island on the way. Return 1:30pm
Duration fishing: 3-4 hours