Panama Canal Jungle Expedition
Available Weds and Sun
Your day of adventure will take you to the waters of the worlds most famous man-made lakes, Lake Gatun, constructed between 1906-1914 in the valley of Chagres River. This is the most complete day tour being conducted on Lake Gatun which forms part of the Panama Canal. Take a tour of the freshwater lake to see diverse flora and fauna, and the ships transiting the canal. Visit the unique floating lodge, enjoy a delicious lunch and take part in other fun activites like fishing, kayaking and swimming.
Transport arranged from your hostel/hotel in Panama City
Pick-up approximately 8:00- 9:00 am, hour of pick up will be confirmed one day before the tour
Drop-off 4:00- 5:00 pm
- Return transport from your hostel/hotel in Panama City
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Lake tour via motor launch
- Floating Jungle Lodge
- Lunch and refreshments
- Activities such as fishing, kayaking, swimming
Take along a bathing suit, sunblock, water shoes, camera and extra cash in case you would like to buy a beverage at the bar.
|*Children (6-12 years)||$69 pp|
Prices include transport(pick-up & drop-off) at your hostel/hotel in Panama City
*Because of the nature of the tour, there is minimum age of 3 years
There is no charge for children 3-5 years
Special group rates are available
General trip itinerary
- Pick up in Panama City (time of pick up confirmed by operator one day before the tour). Transported to Gamboa public boat ramp.
- Boat departure 9:30am. You will board a fast motor launch and head out onto the lake. Huge ocean ships can be seen transiting the canal.
- Glide past lush tropical forest to a scenic region of the lake where exotic birds, monkeys, sloths, iguanas, and crocodiles are some of the animals you can spot. The sites, sounds and scents of the tropical jungle will engulf you.
- The next destination is a private floating lodge. A delicious native lunch and refreshments will be served. After lunch you are free to explore on your own while kayaking, swimming or fishing. Or if you prefer just relax in a hammock in the shade with a cool drink while taking in the beauty of the area.
- There is a cash bar and gift shop if you would like to purchase unique souvenirs.
- Return to Gamboa public ramp 4:00pm.
Duration on lake: Approximately 6.5 hours.