El Valle de Anton Tour
1 DAY (9-10 hrs)
Nestled in the second largest inactive volcano crater in the world, the small town of El Valle de Anton homes waterfalls, a butterfly farm, and artisan market and is a breather of fresh air after the heat of the city. The densely forested slopes surrounding the town also harbour an abundance of wonderful flora and fauna some of which can be seen on the tour. Sunday is the best day for the the local market which offers a variety of local handicraft and produce but the tour operates any day of the week. With a guided tour of the butterfly haven and short waterfall hike this is a tour that offers a little bit for everyone and is the perfect day escape from the city.
Those on a private tour can ask about the Snake Center and El Valle museum in the 300 year old church (not always open).
Transport arranged from your hostel/hotel in Panama City
Pick-up between 6:30 and 7:00 am
Drop-off approximately 4:30 pm
- Return transport in comfortable air-conditioned van
- Flora and fauna or Nisperro Zoo or Chorro el Macho waterfall and forest walk
- Local handicrafts market in the center of El Valle
- El Valle hot springs with mud bath
- The Butterfly Haven
- Entrance fees are included
- Lunch is not included but you can enjoy lunch at the local restaurants. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch. There are “tiendas” in the town center that offer cold drinks and snacks to purchase.
We recommend to bring along water, insect repellant and suncreen, and a bathing suit and towel if you want to go swimming in the hot springs.
|Adult prices (minimum 2 ppl)|
|2-4 ppl||$90 pp|
|5-6 ppl||$85 pp|
|7-8 ppl||$80 pp|
|9+ ppl||$75 pp|
|Private tour (1-4 ppl)*||$425|
Please email us for group tour pricing. We can accommodate for large groups of 100+ people