Ultimate San Blas Day Trip
Perro Chico Island & sunken shipwreck
Banco de Arena
Ultimate San Blas Day Trip
Full day trip from Panama City
$130 per person
Whether you’re after relaxation or adventure, the San Blas day trip provides an authentic glimpse into island life of Kuna Yala. Taking the day trip from Panama City is a wonderful way to see some of the best spots in San Blas and have a cultural experience that is unique to this area of the world. The tour visits four different places, including Diablo Island, Perro Chico Island with an underwater shipwreck, natural pool, and Banco de Arena. Enjoy a traditional-style Kuna lunch and experience the beauty and culture of the San Blas Islands.
Distance from port: First island is 30-40 min boat transfer
Highlight: Island-hopping to 4 different spots in San Blas
Transport arranged from guests accommodation in central Panama City
Pick-up between 5:00 and 5:30 am
Drop-off approximately 7:00 pm
Jeep transfer from Panama City to port: 2.5-3 hours
- Return jeep and boat transport- pick up and dropoff at your accommodation in central Panama City
- Traditional-style lunch and a drink (soda, beer, or water)
- Day tour- visit 4 different spots including Diablo Island, Perro Chico Island and underwater shiprweck, Piscina Natural, and Banco de Arena
- Local Kuna guide
- Snorkeling equipment (masks and snorkels)
- Kuna Yala entrance fee and port tax ($23 per person for foreigners, $8 for Panamanians and residents of Panama)
- Entrance fee for Perro Chico Island- $3 per person
- Beverages- any additional drinks can be purchased on the islands ($1-3 USD). It is prohibited to bring coolers onto the island.
- Jeep pickup from or to accomodations outside the central area of Panama City.
- We recommend you take along drinking water, swimming suits, beach towel, sunscreen, sunglasses and hat, and insect repellant.
- All visitors to San Blas are required to present their original passports at the entrance checkpoint (copies do not suffice).
- Snorkeling equipment is provided but if you want to be guarenteed a quiality set the entire time, you are welcome to bring your own equipment.
- Please note the tours in San Blas are not guided in the traditional sense; we work with local Kuna in all aspects of the tours and not all members of the community speak English.
- Drones are completely prohibited in the San Blas Islands and bringing them in may result in a fine or confiscation of equipment. Surfing, kitesurfing, and scuba are also prohibited activities. We strongly advise guests against carrying any equipment of these kinds into San Blas.
We kindly ask that before booking a tour to San Blas, all guests read the San Blas Information Page to get an idea of what to expect before visiting the islands. We are working with local drivers and guides, and the San Blas Islands works a bit differently than Panama and likely very different than what visitors are accustomed to. This is part of the unique experience that San Blas offers its visitors. It’s important to keep in mind that tourism is still relatively new to the islands, and guests will find that accommodation is rustic, meals may be simple, and timing if often not precise.
All transportation and tours in San Blas are operated strictly by local Kuna staff and from the moment you are picked up at your accommodation unil your return, your San Blas experience is facilitated by businesses run by the local Kuna community, not directly by Panama Travel Unlimited. However, we’re always in communication with our partners in San Blas and available to provide assistance and support throughout your journey if needed.
We ask for patience, respect for their times, and ways of doing things. If you are unsure that this type of travel is right for you, don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.